An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join one of the world’s leading Gold Mining Companies in the position of Commercial Manager. As a leader in their field, this organisation aims to provide superior returns for investors, challenging work for their employees and respect for the communities in which they operate. Positioned for growth with the intent on developing additional projects, this is an exciting time to join given the site is one of the largest known gold deposits in the world.
About the Role
You will be responsible for identifying and executing growth opportunities, and driving the ongoing development and profitability of the business through high quality analysis, reporting and business case development. You will act as a key commercial and strategic partner and advisor to the senior leadership of the business. The role will be based in PNG with a generous remuneration package. Your role will be responsible for:
- Manage the group planning process including annual budget and quarterly estimates
- Identification of potential business risks and development of strategies to mitigate
- Manage new business case identify opportunities
- Provision of high quality analysis of key cost drivers
- Drive cross functional engagement in the business performance process
- Direct capital expenditure management processes to ensure effective planning and delivery of budgets
- Ensure the integrity of operational and financial data.
To be successful in this role you will be tertiary qualified in Finance and/or Accounting with over 5 years’ experience in a similar position. You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to build rapport with multiple stakeholders. You will need to be familiar with international operations and working with people from different cultures. Experienced in designing and implementing commercial systems and processes. A background within mining is preferred.
An attractive remuneration package, inclusive of a performance-based bonus and housing will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Benefits also include an attractive relocation package along with subsidised schooling and other family relocation incentives.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1901-92881. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com