As a newly formed Council, Cumberland wants to build a clear and progressive vision for the future. Council’s new long-term Community Strategic Plan will focus on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our new organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Role
The focus of the Strategic Planning team is to prepare and update the strategic planning framework for Cumberland, as well as responding to the metropolitan and district planning priorities. In addition to preparing key local land use studies and policies, the Strategic Planning team assesses a high volume of complex planning proposals, which reflect the current growth and change occurring within Cumberland.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree in Town Planning (minimum 4 years) or equivalent, with eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA), and demonstrated ability to operate at a senior level
- Experience in urban planning, particularly the assessment and preparation of planning proposals, and demonstrated experience in application of NSW planning and associated legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply strategic planning knowledge to identify appropriate processes and techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in, and effectively contribute to, a positive team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including excellent written communication and presentation skills, and ability to effectively tailor communication on planning issues to different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with a wide range of people – both internally and externally - to determine stakeholder issues and explain complex planning issues and concepts
- Proven Ability to manage a number of complex projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, on time, within budget, and in response to competing pressures.
It is also desirable to have:
- Understanding of land economics, development feasibility and valuation.
- Experience in urban design review and implementation of urban design frameworks into plans and policies.
- Experience in heritage planning or infrastructure contributions planning.
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Permanent, full-time position with 35 hours per week
- Optional 3 year fixed term contract avaialble
- RDOs or Flex time available
- Car allowance will also be offered
- Fast paced council where you will be supported, mentored and developed
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1806-89828. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com