A new and exciting NSW transport project is in its infancy stage and there is a requirement for a Business Case Writer to take the lead of the business case model to help define the scope of work and create a pathway on how to make it a reality whilst keeping time, budget, quality and safety at the forefront of the development.
About the Role
The role focuses on putting together a business case for MTMS and the duties include:
- Undertake specialist studies, investigations and preparation of documentation to complete the respective business case;
- Co-ordinate inputs from the Principal’s team and other professional services contractors and external stakeholders, where applicable, including the facilitation of all necessary consultation activities;
- Conduct financial and economic analysis of the costs as a key input to inform business development strategy and final versions of the business cases;
- Prepare the business case documentation to a level of quality that is suitable for communication with
- NSW Government and stakeholders, to include the preparation of appropriate graphics, illustrations and other presentational materials;
- Preparation of the draft (‘bronze’, ‘silver’) and final (‘gold’) versions of the business case documents; and
- Support the Principal to present the business case to endorsers and approvers in accordance with the investment assurance process.
What will be expected of the succesful applicant:
- Strategic Advice and Support: Provide guidance on business case development, feasibility/optionsand support with stakeholder briefings, status updates and consultation. Including writing the Options Assessment Report appendix for the FBC and SBC.
- Financial and economic appraisal, cost-benefit analysis & benefits realisation: Undertake a financial appraisal, cost-benefit analysis and financial benefits and development of benefits realisation approach. Including writing the Economics and Financial Appraisal Report, production of CBA model for assurance review and writing Benefits Realisation Management Plan appendices for the FBC and SBC.
- Value Management: Arrange and facilitate the value management process and writing Value Management Report for the FBC and SBC.
- Value Capture: Identify and review potential value capture opportunities.
- Delivery and Procurement Strategy: Facilitation of the delivery and procurement strategy workshops and writing Delivery and Procurement Strategy appendix to the FBC.
- Write Business Case appendices: Drafting of appendices as specified for the FBC and SBC.
- Business case writing: Writing of the FBC and SBC to achieve milestone dates and NSW Cabinet approval.
- Investment assurance support: Support the Principal to present the FBC and SBC so that required endorsements and approvals are obtained.
- Management of PSC delivery: PSC’s management of its own staff and resources to deliver the Services and Deliverables described herein.
The succesful applicant will need:
- Key capabilities expected to be provided through this engagement include:
- Strong understanding of state and federal policies, plans and strategies for transport, infrastructure and urban and land use planning practices.
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements for strategic and final business cases relating to heavy rail projects.
- Strong understanding of the complexity of the Sydney metropolitan heavy rail network and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate simple but strong arguments with respect to the program need, issues, risks and associated benefits.
- High level business case writing skills.
- High level of financial and economic analytical skills.
12 month contract with high chance of extension, competitive daily rate, autonomy in your role and the opportunity to make a real difference in rail transport in Sydney, New South Wales.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1812-92682. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com