One of Brisbane's leading private schools is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager. With over 1500 students this school prides itself on strong traditions and the drive to achieve academic excellence for all of their students.
With a convenient inner city location and parking onsite this opportunity would be ideal for someone who is an experienced accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
About the Role
This role will see you responsible for the operational side of this organisation. Developing strong relationship you will be required to ensure the financial control and operational leadership of multiple business units including IT and risk.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Commercial oversight of retail operations including tuckshop, uniforms and school supplies.
- Management reporting, statutory reporting, budgeting, cash flow, AP, AR and payroll
- Data security and integrity
- HR management including recruitment, and staffing
- Compliance and risk management
- Stakeholder engagement (event administration, committee participation and liaising with senior school leadership)
To be considered for this sought after position you will be required to have relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance and/or Accounting, achieved CPA/CA qualification and strong HR management skills. You will also be required to have cleared probity status, including a blue card.
Strong technical expertise coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with superior communication will ensure your success in this role. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with SME finance systems (e.g. MYOB).
- Make a difference in one of Queensland’s leading schools
- Work in an ever changing environment where no two days are the same
- An opportunity to develop and innovate in a rewarding role
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment