Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Procurement Officer to join a growing government department for a 7 month temporary contract with a possibility of extension.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drafting of contracts, contract extensions and contract variations;
- Assist Manager and Senior Procurement Officer by undertaking high risk and value procurement tasks as directed
- Liaising with recruiters, agencies, suppliers, probity advisors and other service providers
- Team Administration duties such as, meeting bookings, maintenance of electronic document management system (TRIM) for procurement and hard copy filing.
- Performance Reporting and maintaining Procurement, Risk and Conflict of interest registers to ensure compliance with Audit requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement and/or contract management;
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement basics and Queensland procurement policies and Queensland Government Procurement Strategy;
- Experience in drafting contracts, writing Contractor Briefs, Position Descriptions and Briefing Notes regarding procurement;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- 7 month temporary contract
- Attractive hourly rate
- CBD location