Well Established Construction company specialising in Retail Construction, Fit Out & Refurbishment. Established in 2008 in Sydney, they have since opened additional offices in Melbourne & Brisbane & completed projects across Australia after building ongoing relationships with industry-leading clients including major retail operators. Being included on BRW Fast Grower’s List of Australia multiple times they are predicting huge growth through the next 12 - 18 months.
They hold the reason for success down due to a few things:
- Their unwavering commitment to the core values
- Their focus on the customer & strong company culture
About the Role
Reporting to the National Commercial Manager, our client are looking for a senior estimator who is looking to progress into an Estimating Manager.
This position will work to:
- Implement best practice estimation methods across the team
- Lead cost targeting and benchmarking activities from concept to design to achieve the lowest product costs and support the implementation of cost reduction opportunities
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with subcontractors, industry suppliers and in some cases Client representatives, facilitating negotiations and identifying new opportunities for business development.
- Mentor an engaged and motivated team which enables the company to make profitable and competitive bids by developing accurate cost information.
- Facilitate negotiations and identifying new opportunities for business development.
- 8+ years estimating experience in commercial construction projects (including previous experience as a Senior Estimator) is essential
- Experience in retail fit out/refurb and new build highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques
- Proficient in relevant computer- based software including EstimateOne and CostX or similar (e.g. Bidcontender, JobPac, Buildtools)
- Commercial and financial acumen, with an understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Proven ability to tender on multiple projects simultaneously and respond flexibly to changing requirements and deadlines
- Able to read and interpret project plans and technical data and translate to others
- Solid understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels and develop relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong time management and organizational skills
- A relevant Bachelor (or equivalent) construction management or similar degree such as Quantity Surveying.
- One of the fastest growing construction companies in Australia
- Above market salary
- Career Progression and Development
To apply now, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Lydia van Vliet on 02 8093 0618, quoting ref no. JO-1812-92517. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com