Cumberland Council is building a team of enthusiastic and professional Building Certifiers who want to contribute and make a difference to the challenges of modern building development projects within the Council LGA.
Council’s Building Certifiers engage with the local development industry to ensure that buildings are functionally safe and that modern standards of building fire safety are maintained to the highest levels.
The Building Certification Team is comprised of likeminded people who are committed to:
- Providing a high level of building certification services to the community;
- Ensuring buildings have fully compliant fire safety measures; and,
- Buildings are fit for purpose and provide modern living standards for residents;
About the Role
The purpose of the role is:
- To ensure effective, timely and accurate assessment of buildings for fire safety compliance requirements.
- To provide professional building fire safety advice to Councillors, Fire & Rescue NSW and the public.
- To ensure that a high standard of construction and development occurs within the Cumberland local government area consistent with the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979, the Building Code of Australia and associated legislation for building fire safety.
- To assist the Team Leader Building Certification in the day-to-day operation of the Building Certification Team within the Technical Assessments Unit.
- Establish a fire safety public awareness program for living in high rise residential buildings.
- Manage Council’s fire safety database record system for annual fire safety statement submissions.
- Assist Council and Fire & Rescue NSW to manage and regulate buildings that have been identified as having combustible external cladding construction.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications (or similar) in building surveying and or fire engineering.
- Extensive experience in the building fire safety and construction process.
- High level knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, the Building Code of Australia (BCA), Fire Safety Engineering Guidelines, general submission requirements for performance based alternate building solutions to Fire & Rescue NSW and current regulations for maintenance of building fire safety measures.
- Qualifications recognised by the NSW Building Professionals Board for accreditation to Level 1 (unrestricted) Building Surveyor.
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis and possession of time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and expertise to liaise with Council clients in regard to building certification, and compliance matters.
- Competency in using computer based systems.
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Attractive Salary negotiable for outstanding candidates
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 Hour Week, with Flex Time system
- Ongoing Learning and Development Opportunities
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91564. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com