Cumberland Council is building a team of enthusiastic and professional Building Certifiers who want to contribute and make a difference to the challenges of modern building development projects within the Council LGA.
Council’s Building Certifiers engage with the local development industry to ensure that buildings are functionally safe and that modern standards of building fire safety are maintained to the highest levels.
The Building Certification Team is comprised of likeminded people who are committed to:
- Providing a high level of building certification services to the community;
- Ensuring buildings have fully compliant fire safety measures; and,
- Buildings are fit for purpose and provide modern living standards for residents;
About the Role
The Team Leader Building Certification is responsible for the; development, implementation, verification and reporting on Strategies and Actions from Council’s Community Strategic Plan, Delivery Program and Operational Plan within the Technical Assessments Unit. The Technical Assessments Unit’s purpose is to ensure efficient implementation of building and engineering legislative compliance.
The Technical Assessments Unit consists of two teams of professionals, consisting of a Building Certification team and a Development Engineering team. The Manager Technical Assessments is supported by a Senior Administration Officer and two Technical Assessment Team Leaders, to ensure:
- That Cumberland Council is at the forefront of building certification and engineering certification and assessment practice.
- That the Building Certification and Engineering Teams maintain and enforce development, safety and convenience standards as provided for in various statues.
- The Building Certification and Engineering Teams facilitate outcomes that maximise value for all stakeholders, at the same time protects the health, environment and amenity of the community.
- That budgetary responsibility is followed and budgetary procedures are meeting for areas where financial responsibility is assigned.
The successful applicant will have:
- Completion of relevant qualifications in assessment and technical compliance (including alternate building solutions), statutory planning, building control, fire safety engineering or equivalent.
- Is currently accredited at a minimum of A1 (unrestricted) Building Professionals Board Building Certifier.
- Extensive operational knowledge of legislation (Acts, Regulations and supporting Guidelines/Standards/Codes), including but not limited to; Local Government Act 1993, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, Roads Act 1993, Building Code of Australia, Exempt and Complying Development (Codes SEPP 2008) and the Swimming Pool Act 1992.
- Extensive operational experience in the management of Building Code of Australia assessment of all classes of buildings and enforcement action for a diverse range of areas, including but not limited to; Planning Approvals and Consents, Building Control provisions, and other breaches of Legislation under Local Government control.
- Extensive operational knowledge and experience in the various Act/Regulations/Rules and the management of accredited Building Surveying staff, including their professional development, performance management and reporting against set benchmarks.
- Experience in the development, monitoring and reporting on; Community Strategic Plans, Delivery Plans, Annual Operational Plans and Budgets.
- Experience in dealing with Senior Management Team and Councillors, including the preparation of reports, delivery of presentations, and provision of advice on a range of matters.
- Experience in developing targeted inspection programs for building fire safety, awnings over public places and as directed by the Manager Technical Assessments.
- Liaising with Council’s designated legal representatives in matters of concern representing Council, including preparation of legal matters for Court hearings, presentation of expert evidence in Court and involvement in the preparation of legal matters relating to unlawful building works and fire safety non-compliance matters.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Attractive Salary negotiable for outstanding candidates
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 Hour Week, with Flex Time system
- Ongoing Learning and Development Opportunities
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91562. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com