The Test Analyst will proactively assist with the definition and execution of test plans, test cases, and test scenarios. They will facilitate smoke testing, integration testing, functional testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, and end-to-end testing. The functions of this role will ensure the quality of software releases, the user experience, and compliance with legislation.
- Define, document, and execute test cases, including detailed scenarios.
- Work with developers to understand the system requirements and design/implementation, and take ownership of the relevant components.
- Provide assistance and guidance to business users during User Acceptance Testing where appropriate (including documentation, if relevant).
- Prepare Test Summary reports and provide considered advice/recommendations.
- Use your interpersonal skills (written and verbal) to assist staff in using the application correctly and efficiently.
- Write and execute test scripts.
- Identify and retest bugs/defects.
- Validate system outputs by querying the database (i.e.: SQL).
- Contribute to other testing scenarios amongst the team, where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively find bugs, identify root causes, and to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new, complex systems.
- Experience working in ‘agile development’ environments.
- Experience reading and understanding business process model (BMP) diagrams.
- Appropriate communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and sustain positive relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- No formal qualifications are required, but relevant training / education in testing would be highly desired.
- Experience with Jira is not necessary, but would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of SQL is required (specifically MySQL would be desirable).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1811-92231. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com