As an employee of this organisation you will collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders and vendors to oversee and optimise the Database layer of the Infrastructure, whilst providing advice and practical guidance through your deep expertise to enable business outcomes. This is a once in a life time opportunity for you to build the database layer, architecture and strategies from the ground up in a new organisation using a cloud model.
- Proven hands-on experience in building and running Microsoft SQL Server with Always On Availability Groups and Log Shipping
- Hands-on experience in Windows Server Failover Clustering in a virtualised environment, particularly VMware with NSX networking
- Sound programming skills in T-SQL, with solid understanding of best practices with a focus on performance tuning and optimisation
- Good working knowledge of Storage Area Networks, ideally Dell Compellent Storage Centre
- Exposure to modern database technologies, including NoSQL databases and eventual consistency, ideally AWS RedShift and Cassandra
- Been responsible for the full life cycle of the database layer, with experience in a DevOps/continuously integrated environment with high levels of automation
- Driven value from third party partners in a software defined infrastructure environment
- Contributed to and delivered database technology strategies, architecture and policies
- Influenced stakeholders and built lasting relationships across teams.