Iconic Australian Brand, highly sought after opportunity to join a World Class SOC. Part of a leading Technology and Telecommunications business, that provide specialised security services and support to leading enterprise & government organisations. Opportunity to work with industry experts, cutting edge tools and technologies and a vibrant and dynamic team.
About the Role
The Security Analyst will be responsible for incident detection, analysis, investigation, and response. Their primary responsibility is to ensure that security events and incidents are detected and escalated in a timely manner and within SLAs. They will be the focal point for managed security reporting and security issues, as well as the analysis and investigation of alerts/ security events to determine if they warrant incident escalation.
The Security Analyst will work closely with senior team members on case escalations and ensuring the Managed Security tools and resources are effective. They will consistently look for ways to improve the ability to respond to events/ escalations and conduct the appropriate research to aid in those improvements. Further, they will perform monitoring duties when required.
- Monitor, analyse, mitigate and triage security events as part of a 24/7 rotating support team.
- Follow documented procedures for recording, assessing, analysing, communicating, rectifying, escalating and reporting security incidents.
- Effectively respond to all security incidents however they are communicated, including telephone calls, trouble tickets, emails received in group email mailboxes, or by any other means.
- Assist in the development and improvement of documentation that supports the business unit.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management from time to time.
Successful candidates will bring the following skills & experience:
- Experience in Service Desk Operations, particularly 24/7
- Experience working in an IT Operations or security operations role
- Strong understanding of SIEM technologies
- Possess a good networking knowledge and a good understanding of what protocols are used on modern networks and how they relate to security.
- Exposure to key technologies such as Apache Metron, Kibana and Elasatic
- Excellent analytical skills and having the mentality of a problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills that translate into the ability to effectively handle high business impacting incidents.
- Ability to work reliably, efficiently and effectively while unsupervised.
- Contract with a view for perm
- Growth and cross collaboration opportunities
- State of the art technologies, enterprise client exposure, world class security operations centre
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kristen Reid on 03 9929 9508, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91674.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com