|Location||Sydney C B D|
|Posted||9 days ago|
Our client is seeking for a Linux Systems Engineer, based in Sydney CBD to design, build, support and manage corporate systems in a Linux and VMware based private cloud.
- Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment - Virtual and Physical.
- Evaluate, test and build solutions to address a variety of technical problems; applying relevant policies, standards, and best practice to ensure the resilience and longevity of systems and solutions.
- Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions
- Understand and improve business processes and procedures related to implementation and maintenance of Linux systems and related applications.
- 6-8 years' experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Managing complex and competing demands with multiple stakeholders whilst meeting customer expectations.
- Rapidly designing and deploying cloud and virtualised Linux based systems in a large-scale, complex, multi-platform, and constantly changing environment.
- Working effectively within defined architectural, security and financial constraints.
Send in your application if you are a strong match to the requirements. Please note that only candidates with valid work rights (Permanent Resident / Citizen) and who match the selection criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Brown on 02 8093 0613, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91517. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com