An exciting contract opportunity has become available for a dynamic and highly technical Project Manager to join a evolving utilities business. Recently embarking on a transformation journey the business is looking to bring on a strong Project Manager to assist in their Distribution Customer Program.
About the Role
The Project Manager will use specialist knowledge and experience to co-ordinate and manage one or more projects/work packages to achieve the outcomes of the Distribution Customer Program.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects from concept through to completion, completing all required documentation to progress through investment gates and project phases.
The Project Manager will undertake all required project management processes, including but not limited to:
- Establish project/work package scope and maintain technology and business team priority to deliver that scope.
- Manage project and work package estimates, budgets, schedules and resources.
- Manage the delivery of quality project artefacts including business cases, benefits realisation plans, project plans, test plans and project communication documents, ensuring that artefacts are reviewed through agreed project QA standards.
- Develop communications and business change approaches in conjunction with Organisational Change Managers to ensure effective delivery of the final solution.
- Manage risks, issues and changes according to prescribed mechanisms to maintain project scope and schedule.
The Project Manager will have extensive experience working in large, complex ICT environments with stakeholders ranging up to Senior Executive level. The Project Manager will be required to engage with other projects across the Program and also external to the Program. Demands of the program will require a flexible approach to working hours.
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate the below:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain project communication channels and facilitate collaboration and open communication amongst internal and external stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, manage and motivate a project team including planning and prioritising work, ensuring deadlines are met, managing budget and resources and escalating where unable to resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to develop project artefacts including business cases, benefits realisation plans, project and stage plans, ensuring that realistic and quality project artefacts are prepared and maintained by the team throughout the life of the project
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and manage project risks and issues and establish and maintain project registers
- ASAP start
- 6 Month min contract length
- Market rates
- Challenging project
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Elliot Price Tripcony on 07 3023 1031, quoting ref no. JO-1811-92009. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com