- Be a trusted advisor to the Board & Industry
- Opportunity to take part in International Stakeholder engagement
- Lead and build on the capability of this Specialised Team
About the organisation:
Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV) is the statutory authority responsible for regulating the Victorian dairy industry to safeguard public health. With the majority of Australia’s dairy farms based in Victoria, DFSV plays a vital role in protecting the industry’s reputation for food safety and integrity of production domestically and for export.
At DFSV you will be surrounded by talented and dedicated colleagues who are committed to providing a quality and professional service to the industry. DFSV’s values are central to their culture and the way they operate – respect, collaboration, service, excellence, integrity and fairness.
About the position:
This is a newly created role reporting to the General Manager, Compliance, Enforcement and Technical Services, and will be responsible for:
- Providing empowering leadership to, and harnessing the strengths of, the Science, Surveillance and Technical Services team;
- Collaborating closely with the Manager, Compliance and Enforcement to support regulatory services delivered by the Compliance and Enforcement team;
- Determining technical outcomes required to deliver DFSV’s Strategic Plan and developing actions to accomplish these goals using science and technology as enablers
- Initiating and prioritising implementation of data-driven projects with the regulatory assurance team
- Keeping Board members and Executive informed of scientific advances; writing articles that translate the science for the DFSV’s licensees; providing input on activities and education programs; ensuring scientific content on website is current and accurate.
- Positioning the team as a trusted advisory on technical matters and emerging industry trends, both internally and within the industry;
- Liaising with state, national and international stakeholders regarding dairy food safety standards and regulations;
- Recognising and being at the forefront of industry trends and emerging issues.
With proven people management experience, you are a highly recognised leader within the regulatory field, ideally science or food safety related and you understand that egotism is non-existent in this environment. You are an effective communicator who has the ability to engage with various stakeholder groups. Well known for your collaborative leadership style and strength in bringing people together, you are also highly regarded for your ability to harness team expertise and identify and support professional development opportunities. Furthermore, you demonstrate experience and confidence reporting to a Board on technical and scientific matters with the ability to communicate in lay terms. A relevant tertiary qualification (ideally science related) is required, while a PhD is desirable but not mandatory.
Additionally, you will be required to undertake a National Police Check and applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
This is an enviable position for a proven manager who is excited by the opportunity to build on the capability and credibility of those around them, in a highly regarded organisation which plays a critical role in protecting the health and wellbeing of the community.
To apply, please click on the “apply now” button to upload your CV and covering letter. For further information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Louis Rogers-Ross (03) 9929 9544 or Melanie Pecanek (03) 9929 9587.