Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
The Data & Analytics team is leading the way to assist clinicians in using insights to foster patient safety and improve outcomes and practices.
As a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer, your skills and experience are essential to delivering high quality data visualisation that our Hospital Executive and Clinical staff love to use – to assist in the delivery of care to our patients, and, drive more informed decision-making throughout the health service.
You will help lead the discovery and design of intuitive, simple solutions to complex healthcare challenges, with a strong focus on User Experience & Visual Interaction.
As a member of one of our multi-disciplinary teams, you will collaborate with Clinicians, Hospital Executive, Developers, Data Analysts and Designers to deliver successful outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and executive customers to elicit and define data requirements, create meaningful dashboards and, provide specialist/quality input into clinical analytic exercises.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clinical and executive customers, and input into identification and improvement of data input/management processes
- Analyse large, disparate sets of data to determine insights, key metrics, data quality etc. in alignment with customer requirements
- Create amazing User Experiences visualising and consuming data by aligning customer requirements with User Experience design
- Lead and foster visual design and UX practices with other team members
You are an experienced BI Analyst / Developer who is happy to forge meaningful relationships with users at all levels and help them explore and gain insights from their data. Your skills should include:
- Strong User Experience & Data Visualisation Skills
- Strong Customer relationship skills
- Strong ability to analyse large and disparate sets of data, and build reports and dashboards in alignment with end user requirements
- Experience designing and developing BI Dashboards (experience in Qlik & Microsoft products will be highly regarded but not mandatory)
- Experience with analysing, integrating and manipulating large & disparate datasets.
- Experience within the healthcare industry and/or experience with Electronic Medical Records would be highly regarded but is not mandatory.
- Personally, you are flexible, learn quickly, enjoy client interaction and are happy to assist and mentor team members less experienced than yourself.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
Further Information and how to apply
Apply for the job through the website or click here to view the document online
to download the Job Description and detailed Selection Criteria.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90732. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com