|Posted||25 days ago|
Working in the Corridor Team within the Maintenance Directorate - Network Maintenance Division, the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Implementing, monitoring, coordinating and reporting on the Customer Complaints Program to ensure successful delivery of the project objectives.
- Provide high level administrative, research, organizational and project management support to the Corridor Services Manager and Contract Management team.
- Coordinate and comply with the end to end procurement and contractor administration activities.
On a day to day basis, the successful applicant will be:
- Fielding all customer complaints for NMD, align with new processes and adjust as required, continually testing and amending the process ready for BAU implementation.
- Monitor all project budgets within program, prepare financial reports and provide actual and fore-casted costs.
- Ensure databases/records are kept updated for all projects.
- Identify and engage with all stakeholders
- Align the new processes and procedures with the overall business strategy.
- Assist in developing framework for the existing Corridor/HV teams and new contracts team.
- Align the complaints process with the framework developed for both the existing teams and the new contract team.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Good coordination and organizational abilities including managing own workload and working unsupervised
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex, multi task environment to deadlines and under pressure
- A working knowledge of resourcing and competency processes/frameworks
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Highly skilled in the use of personal computers and software such as Microsoft office.
Competitive salary, 6 month contract with State Government Agency and a supportive team environment.
Please note there is potential for frequent travel around Sydney to engage with staff.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91682. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com