The Contractor shall undertake technical and business analysis to enable our client partners to migrate to the Windows 10 environment. They will be required to undertake the following duties as primarily directed by the Application Delivery Team Lead.
Implementation of a pipeline process flow to deliver Windows 10 application readiness.
Working closely with clients to:
analyse & understand their application requirements
assess & determine application compatibility
establish application readiness options and preferred cost-effective approach(s)
Research Common Off The Shelf ‘COTS’ application alternatives where no upgrade path is available and provide business recommendations
Provide necessary documentation e.g. pipeline components, SharePoint lists and reports.
Be responsible for business and project process management activities
Prepare reports on actual service delivery performance and comparison with expected service levels and other correspondence as required.
Liaise closely with other teams as necessary e.g. software purchasing.
CLF Level and SFIA Profile
- Demonstrated technical expertise, knowledge and skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment (SFIA Skills: TECH4, SYSP4) including:
- Ability to handle incidents and service requests (LANDesk is used) (SFIA Skills: USUP4).
- Ability to identify operational problems and to initiate and monitor actions to investigate and resolve problems with systems and services (SFIA Skills: ITOP4).
- Ability to work in a project team environment, including the delivery of work packages and managing business change aspects e.g. CaRB (SFIA Skills: PGMB4).
- Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise manner. Focuses on key points and uses appropriate language. Structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity. (Communicates with influence)
- Undertakes analysis and draws accurate conclusions based on evidence. Thinks laterally and identifies and implements improved work practices. (Supports strategic direction)
- Builds and sustains positive relationship with team members, stakeholders and clients. Is responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations. (Supports productive working relationships)
- Provides accurate advice on issues. Acknowledges mistakes, learns from them, and seeks guidance and advice when required. (Displays personal drive and integrity)
- Sees tasks through to completion. Works within agreed priorities. Commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation procedures. Seeks feedback from supervisor to gauge satisfaction and seeks guidance when required. (Achieves results)
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the technical issues and solutions associated with application compatibility moving from Windows 7 x86 and Office 2013 to Windows 10 and Office 2016/O365 environment.
- Working knowledge in the maintenance of a multi SOE environment, including deployment of software updates to a geographically dispersed SOE
- Good negotiation and influencing skills, and confidence to operate at all levels of the business.
- Stakeholder management skills across both business and technical functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication & liaison skills
- The identification of cost-effective options
- General Understanding of stand-only applications and applications that have server/back-end/cloud components and cloud based component
- Familiarity with SCCM and current packaging standards
- General knowledge of software currency best-practice and licencing
- Awareness of Application Whitelisting, Citrix & VPN technologies and implementations
- Provide responsive and client focussed support
- Ability to analyse technical processes and provide advice for service delivery and improvement
Highly Desirable Qualifications/Certifications/Skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 to Windows 10 platforms in the context of SOE
- Knowledge of application packaging and delivery
- General software licencing knowledge
- Use of collaboration tools such as SharePoint and other Microsoft Office tools
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91670. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com