The Program Delivery and Operations (PDO) branch of the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) connects Queensland by planning and building projects and programs, and by maintaining, managing and operating an integrated transport network. TMR’s vision is to connect people to opportunity; we deliver a single integrated transport system accessible to all.
About the Role
Reporting to the District Director, the Project Director will play an integral role leading the Bruce Highway Upgrade Project (Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway). The responsibilities of this exciting leadership position include:
- Managing and reporting on project progress against time, cost and quality specifications.
- Contributing as an effective member of the Project Steering Committee, Project Executive Group, Contract Control Group and other senior leadership groups as required.
- Developing productive and positive working relationships with contractors and key stakeholders.
- Acting as an escalation point for the timely resolution of complex engineering, legal, contractual, financial and other issues to planning, technical and other project related issues, and identify mitigation strategies to overcome problems or obstacles.
- Contributing to public consultation activities and ensuring effective liaison is undertaken with community, local government, elected representatives and other major stakeholders.
- Providing specialist advice to senior management on all aspects of the project and making presentations as required.
- Identifying and harnessing the necessary internal and external expertise to deliver project requirements, including the selection, engagement and procurement of consultants.
- Championing project culture whilst managing, developing and implementing the total project plan in relation to: integration, human resources, scope, communication, time risk cost procurement and quality.
- Acting as the “State Representative” for the delivery contracts as defined and delegated at respective development/implementation phases.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess:
- Extensive experience leading a multidisciplinary team to successfully deliver a large infrastructure project.
- An inherent ability to navigate complex, ambiguous and political environments.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and managing stakeholder relationships, and a passion for improving the State’s commitment to delivering transport for prosperity.
- A contemporary leadership style with proven ability in building a cohesive and high performing team characterised by team work, open discussion, and strong morale with a focus and commitment in the pursuit of results.
- A comprehensive understanding of program management and project management principles and applying corporate governance.
- It is desirable for you to have recognised tertiary qualifications from related discipline fields such as Engineering or Project Management.
To apply online, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Wilson on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1809-91358.
Applications Close 12 November 2018