The Program Delivery and Operations (PDO) branch of the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) connects Queensland by planning and building projects and programs, and by maintaining, managing and operating an integrated transport network. TMR’s vision is to connect people to opportunity; we deliver a single integrated transport system accessible to all.
About the Role
The Regional Project Director will play an integral role delivering projects with critical significance to the North Coast and Wide Bay Burnett region. Reporting to the Regional Director (North Coast and Wide Bay Burnett) you will develop project management capability through leading and managing multidisciplinary project teams, targeted technology transfer, professional development programs and project review activities. As a member of the North Coast and Wide Bay Burnett Regional Leadership Team you will provide and maintain an effective communication network and be a key contributor to the development and implementation of business improvement strategies.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Collaboration with the Leadership Team to develop and implement strategic initiatives whilst providing leadership, strategic advice and direction.
- Preparation of submissions and reports relating to planning, technical and other projects issues, identifying appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome problems and obstacles.
- Managing and reporting on project progress against time, cost and quality specifications.
- Contributing as an effective member of the Project Steering Committee, Project Executive Group, Contract Control Group and other senior leadership groups as required.
- Developing productive and positive working relationship with contractors and key stakeholders.
- Acting as an escalation point for the timely resolution of complex engineering, legal, contractual, financial, planning, technical and other project related issues.
- Contributing to public consultation activities and ensuring effective liaison is undertaken with community, local government, elected representatives and other major stakeholders.
- Providing specialist advice to senior management on all aspects of the project and making presentations as required.
- Identifying and harnessing the necessary internal and external expertise to deliver project requirements, including the selection, engagement and procurement of consultants.
- Championing project culture whilst managing, developing and implementing the total project plan in relation to: integration, human resources, scope, communication, time risk cost procurement and quality.
- Acting as the “State Representative” for the delivery contracts as defined and delegated at respective development/implementation phases.
- Capturing shared project learnings, developing and fostering best practice technology and project management methodology.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess:
- Demonstrated Senior Leadership experience in Construct only, Design and Construct or PPP in the delivery of major multimillion dollar infrastructure projects (Road and Rail) and programs.
- Outstanding leadership capability in a large and complex organisation with a strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service.
- An inherent appreciation for innovation and agile work practices, and proven ability in adopting modern approaches for problem solving (I.e. design thinking).
- A contemporary leadership style with proven ability in building a cohesive and high performing team characterised by team work, open discussion, strong morale with a focus and commitment in the pursuit of results.
- Proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments and fostering a confident and capable workforce.
- Outstanding judgement, high level integrity, strong agility to adapt to a constantly changing environment and an inherent ability to navigate complex, ambiguous and political environments.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and managing stakeholder relationships and a passion for improving the State’s commitment to delivering transport for prosperity.
- Tertiary qualifications from relevant discipline fields such as Engineering, Project Management or Contract Law.
To apply online, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Wilson on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1809-91356.
Applications Close 1 November 2018