The client is a newly formed local council, wanting to build a clear and progressive vision for the future. For more information regarding the client please get in contact.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To develop and coordinate implementation and operations of the fire safety audit program
- Assist in the administration of applicable Acts so as to achieve the best built environment, health, welfare and well-being of the whole community and to ensure achievement of the objectives of Council’s Management Plan and Council’s levels of customer service
- Support and manage the day to day operations of the Fire Safety Team functions and staff.
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for the Fire Safety Team’s compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed.
To be successful in this role you will need
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying or Health & Building Surveying or related field with extensive experience in local government in the operation and management of the building control process
- High level of expertise in the implementation of the Building Code of Australia and experience in the inspection and assessment of all Classes of proposed and existing buildings for compliance with the Code.
- Experience in carrying out fire safety audit inspections and issuing fire safety orders for the upgrading of existing buildings.
- Experience in the assessment of development applications and construction certificates.
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of Section 79C of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- Current Drivers License
Permanent Full-Time Position
Attractive Salary negotiable for outstanding candidates
35 Hour Week, with Flex Time system
Ongoing Learning and Development Opportunities
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1810-91564. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com