- Join a future-focused highly regarded regulator
- Lead a team of dedicated professionals
- Executive remuneration package on offer
About the organisation:
Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV) is the statutory authority responsible for regulating the Victorian dairy industry to safeguard public health. With the majority of Australia’s dairy farms based in Victoria, DFSV plays a vital role in protecting the industry’s reputation for food safety and integrity of production domestically and for export.
At DFSV you will be surrounded by talented and dedicated colleagues who are committed to providing a quality and professional service to the industry. DFSV’s values are central to their culture and the way they operate – respect, collaboration, service, excellence, integrity and fairness.
About the position:
This is an exciting time to join DFSV as they embark on significant change both internally and externally, including positioning themselves as a leader in food regulation with a new compliance model; enhancing their industry reach and partnerships; enhancing internal processes and broadening their technical and digital capability and reach.
Reporting to the CEO, this newly reformed position will be responsible for:
- Providing empowering leadership to two highly capable and dynamic teams - Compliance and Enforcement and Technical Services;
- Enhancing a cohesive and collaborative working environment between the teams and with the broader organisation;
- Working collaboratively and strategically with the executive leadership team;
- Reviewing and improving procedures required for contemporary regulatory practices;
- Providing strategic leadership and advice to the Board through reports and presentations;
- Liaising with state and national stakeholders regarding dairy food safety standards and regulations.
With proven General Manager experience, you are a highly regarded strategic leader within the regulatory field. You are able to confidently think on your feet, lead change and are influential both internally and externally. You appreciate the requirements of working within a regulatory framework amongst highly technical individuals and have experience navigating the public sector. Well known for your collaborative leadership style and ability to engage and empower teams, you are also highly regarded for your stakeholder engagement skills. Furthermore you can demonstrate experience and confidence reporting to a Board and in managing the financial sustainability and corporate governance of your portfolio. Experience with prosecutions from a regulatory perspective will be an advantage. Tertiary qualifications in Science are mandatory and experience or qualifications in Food Safety, Law, Policy or AICD will be seen as an advantage.
Additionally, a National Police Check is required, and applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
This is an enviable position for a proven executive who is excited by the opportunity to lead in a highly regarded organisation which plays a critical role in protecting the health and wellbeing of the community.
To apply, please click on the “apply now” button to upload your CV and covering letter. For further information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Louis Rogers-Ross (03) 9929 9544 or Melanie Pecanek (03) 9929 9587.