A diversified energy company with a large, yet flexible portfolio to meet the changing electricity demands of the Queensland and National markets. Delivering solutions that balance the needs of the environment and communities, this organisation delivers reliable and affordable energy solutions and has grown to be one of the largest electricity suppliers in Australia. As a result of internal movement the opportunity has arisen for an experienced demand forecaster to join the team and be responsible for leading and developing the forecasting function of the business.
About the Role
The main purpose of the role will be to provide insight into market behaviour through effective market modelling. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the valuation and pricing of financial contracts
- Creation of detailed models to produce spot price and generation forecasts
- Support the spot and contract market analytics to function by providing insight into market behaviour and potential market outcomes
- Through analysis, influence short, medium and long term spot and contract market strategies
- Daily and Weekly interaction with trading functions to ensure strategic outcomes are achieved
- Operate within the guidelines of the Trading Risk Management Policy
To be considered for this specialist role, we will require a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the electricity industry with a sound understanding of the Australian national electricity market. However, applicants with experience using a Market Modelling software – in particular PROPHET will be highly regarded. You will have strong communication skills, be familiar with retail, hedging and physical positions and have a genuine desire and commitment to improve the financial position of the organisation through the provision of sound commercial advice through your modelling expertise.
In return for a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to work for an organisation that will give outstanding professional development opportunities in a sought after industry sector. An excellent range of benefits will also be on offer including paid parental leave, health and wellbeing programs and flexible working conditions.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1809-90939. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com