Davidson is currently recruiting for a large State Government Department that is experiencing significant growth. The Queensland Government has five organisational values to support their workforce. These values are the building blocks for their workplace culture. The values are: placing customer’s first, putting ideas into action, unleashing potential, being courageous and empowering people.
About the Role
This Government Department is located in The Precinct - Queensland’s largest startup hub. The Precinct brings together startups, incubators, investors and mentors under one roof to build a thriving, collaborative entrepreneurial culture.
The purpose of the Community Manager role is to engage with The Precinct tenants to build connections, develop relationships and encourage collaboration between the tenants, visitors and the wider entrepreneurial community.
You will be a key employee in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, having a real impact on the growth and evolution of The Precinct’s members. You will be working on a regular basis with some of Australia’s fastest growing startup businesses and future tech leaders. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial, social and rewarding role in some of the fastest growing global industries.
Working in a small, highly interdependent team, the role demands professionalism, ingenuity, attention to detail and efficiency in managing competing priorities and the challenges of a fast-moving start up environment. The role may also require out of business hours.
As the Community Manager, you will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of The Precinct‘s tenants and document this information
- Create a community through developing initiatives that build relationships between the tenants and encourage the sharing of ideas
- Be a core advocate and ambassador for The Precinct, understanding what the tenants need and are aiming to achieve
- Build and support a collaborative culture and cohesiveness for members of The Precinct community
- Arrange community activities and events
- Conduct tours of The Precinct for interested parties
- Gather accurate and informative and relevant data on visitors to The Precinct
- Manage the community spaces within The Precinct
- Engage with local businesses to build a community beyond the tenants in The Precinct
- Manage social media to promote the tenants, The Precinct and the associated events.
- Demonstrate prior experience in a similar role, preferably within a Government Department or large organisations
- Demonstrate experience and success in building relationships and community over time
- Demonstrate very strong communication, organisation and project management skills
- Demonstrate your ability to resolve community issues with professionalism
- Demonstrate that you are a self-starter who has the ability to work independently
- Have the confidence and ability to connect well with people in a warm and approachable manner
- Provide high level communication and negotiation skills to build and maintain rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate you are highly organised and able to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate that you have a collaborative, adaptable work style
- Demonstrate that you are a reliable and professional team player
- 12 months contract
- AO4 Level
- Immediately start
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Sadia Nazmun on 07 3023 1045, quoting ref no. JO-1809-91353. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com