Our client is a large organisation looking for an Applications Analyst to join their high performing team. This is a large, complex IT environment and an excellent opportunity for an individual to grow and develop.
About the Role
The Applications Analyst provides technical support and development for the day to day operations of the organisation’s ICT systems. The role will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to recommend and develop structures and tools for systems that meet business needs and are compatible with enterprise and solution architectures. The role will also provide technical support and monitor, analyse and report on systems performance.
The role will also contribute to building capability within service operations ensuring effective knowledge sharing, and proactively identify business risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The work undertaken by this team is critical to driving business efficiencies and ensuring that day-to-day IT client computing runs smoothly, so may be required to be contactable and/or work outside standard business hours.
- Utilise appropriate tools and methods to address user support queries and return user’s ICT systems to optimum efficiency
- Manage set-up activities for applications, platforms and systems and monitor performance to limit or prevent loss of service to end users
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems.
- Participate in solution definition, including specification requirements analysis, development and refinement of throw-away simulations or prototypes to confirm requirements feasibility, including the choice of application architecture and framework
- Create and maintain support documentation to assist others in restoring services and reduce the impact of unplanned outages
- Interpret information and develop suitable resolutions to achieve satisfactory outcomes to issues
- Embrace flexibility and lateral thinking, adopt a collaborative and flexible approach to problem solving and information sharing using high levels of analysis of information and data in order to make sound decisions
- Integrate system solutions across disparate platforms and technologies in a range of environments
- Provide input to a diverse range of projects requiring strategic advice or quality assurance within tight timeframes
- Compliance with health and safety policies, procedures, hazard reporting and safe work practices.
An attractive salary is on offer for the right individual and the ability to join an innovative and exciting organisation.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Meaghan Good on 07 3023 1089, quoting ref no. JO-1809-91251. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com