Metro South Hospital and Health Service (Metro South Health) is the most populated health service in Queensland and is the major provider of public health services, health education and research in the Brisbane south side, Logan, Redlands and Scenic Rim regions. Metro South Health (MSH) is one of 16 Hospital and Health Services in Queensland and serves an estimated population of 1 million people, 23 percent of Queensland’s population. It employs more than 14,000 staff and has an annual operating budget of $2.3 billion. The health service’s catchment spans 3,856 square kilometres and covers the area from the Brisbane River in the north to Redland City in the east, south to Logan and the eastern portion of the Scenic Rim to the border of New South Wales.
Visit Metro South Health to find out more.
|TITLE|| Principal BI Analyst/Developer|
|EMPLOYMENT STATUS||Temporary, Full-Time until 30 June 2019|
|LOCATION ||Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba|
As a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer, your skills and experience are essential to delivering high-quality data visualisation that our Hospital Executive and Clinical staff love to use to assist in the delivery of care to our patients and drive more informed decision making throughout the health service.
You will help lead the discovery and design of intuitive, simple solutions to complex healthcare challenges, with a strong focus on User Experience & Visual Interaction. As a member of one of our multi-disciplinary teams, you will collaborate with Clinicians, Hospital Executive, Developers, Data Analysts and Designers to deliver successful outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and executive customers to elicit and define data requirements, and, provide specialist/quality input into clinical analytic exercises.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clinical and executive customers, and input into identification and improvement of data input/management processes
- Create meaningful data visualisations (dashboards) that effectively communicate data findings, incorporating both design and functional requirements aligned to customer needs
- Strategise and craft considered Business Intelligence & Data product prototypes, communicate and sell their conceptual thinking and assist with value proposition testing
- Analyse large, disparate sets of data to determine insights, key metrics, data quality etc. in alignment with customer requirements
- Create amazing User Experiences visualising and consuming data by aligning customer requirements with User Experience design
- Lead and foster visual design and UX practices with other team members
- Fulfil the accountabilities and responsibilities of this role in accordance with Metro South’s purpose and objectives, as outlined below.
- Ensure patients and other staff are treated fairly and with mutual respect and understanding, regardless of cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds.
- Commit to patient safety and quality in the delivery of health care by actively participating in safety and quality practices.
Qualifications/Professional Registration/Other Requirements
- Possession of formal tertiary qualifications is not included as a requirement within the selection criteria for this position. Clinical Informatics values the enhanced work performance deriving from formal tertiary study, and also acknowledges that enhanced work performance can result from other learning experiences which include on-the-job training, structured professional development or life experiences. Data, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing related training and qualifications are highly regarded.
- This position will be required to travel and work across all sites within Metro South Health Service District which includes Princess Alexandra Hospital, Logan Hospital, Redland Hospital and QEII Jubilee Hospital.
To view the Selection Criteria, please download the PDF version of the Success Profile or view online: